Darkglass Microtubes X Bass Preamp Pedal
Distorted Bass Tones with Punch and Power
The Darkglass Microtubes X bass preamp pedal nails the recipe for powerful distorted bass that maintains low-end impact. The key to punchy distorted bass is allowing your mids and highs to provide the harmonic drive, while leaving your low fundamentals firm and undistorted. The Microtubes X pedal achieves this by splitting your signal to two variable filters before the gain stage, so you can shape your own unique drive tone with just the right combination of boom and bite. Regardless of how old your strings are, or how boomy or thin your bass may sound on its own, the Darkglass Microtube X bass preamp pedal delivers powerful, tight, defined bass tones.
Shape your tone with two variable filters
Before driving your tone, the Darkglass Microtubes X bass preamp splits your signal in two and filters each. A variable lowpass filter lets you choose how much of your signal remains clean and punchy, while a highpass filter determines how much of your tone will be sent through the drive circuit. A mix control allows you to balance each to your liking.
Active mid control for extensive sound-shaping potential
After the drive control, the final step in crafting your tone with the Microtubes X is its active mid control. A ±12dB boost at 500Hz enables you to solidify your place in the mix. Alternatively, cutting the mid control helps make way for guitars in a dense mix.
- Bass preamp and overdrive pedal
- Splits your signal to 2 variable filters for tone shaping
- Lowpass-filtered signal remains clean for maximum punch and fundamental impact
- Highpass-filtered signal goes to the drive circuit for adding harmonic saturation
- Mid control with active ±12dB boost control shapes your midrange at 500Hz
- Pedal Type: Preamp, Distortion
- Form Factor: Pedal
- EQ: Lowpass, Highpass
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4"
- Outputs: 1 x 1/4"
- Power Source: 9V DC power supply (sold separately)
- Power Usage: 30mA
- Height: 1.77"
- Width: 2.95"
- Depth: 4.37"
- Weight: 0.55 lbs.