Warm Audio WA-87 R2 Condenser Microphone (Black)
In 2016, we at Warm Audio introduced one of the most talked-about 87-style FET condenser microphones in the industry with the release of the WA-87, and at just $599 USD it made the looks and authentic vintage sonics of this style of mic affordable to customers for the very first time. Simply put, the release of the WA-87 changed the industry’s perception of what could be achieved at an affordable price.
Based on classic 60s circuitry, the WA-87’s rich sound became a favorite of countless producers, engineers, and home recordists everywhere. It was our first microphone and a verifiable hit, and in recent years we’ve followed it with many other successful and ground-breaking designs.
Since the release of the WA-87 in 2016 we’ve learned a bunch more about microphone manufacturing, and we’ve proven that we can shatter the industry’s quality expectations at affordable prices. That experience drove us to see if we could improve the WA-87 in tangible ways without having to raise the price, and the result is the new WA-87 R2 (Revision 2). We’ve used everything we’ve learned about recreating vintage microphones in the last five years to bring it even closer to the sound, vibe and performance of the original 60s classic we all know and love. We’re ecstatic to bring you the result – in short, the new WA-87 R2 is bigger, bolder and just plain better!
The Most Versatile Mic In Your Locker
Just like the vintage microphone, the WA-87 R2 excels at recording virtually anything. Three polar patterns (cardioid, omni, and figure 8) make sure you’re covered for a wide variety of applications, and an 80Hz high pass filter reduces low-frequency rumble if needed. The switchable -10dB pad comes in handy when you want to record extremely loud sources and not overload the internal electronics.
The WA-87 R2 works brilliantly on vocals, drum overheads, guitars, piano, auxiliary percussion, brass, strings, and more. Not only that, it’s the same price as the original WA-87, so you can afford to have several in your mic locker!
- LARGE DIAPHRAGM STUDIO CONDENSER MICROPHONE, WITH A FAITHFUL REPRODUCTION OF THE ORIGINAL VINTAGE 87-STYLE CIRCUIT
- ALL DISCRETE PREMIUM COMPONENTS, INCLUDING A NOS FAIRCHILD TRANSISTOR AND WIMA/NICHICON CAPACITORS
- CUSTOM CINEMAG USA OUTPUT TRANSFORMER
- WA-87-B-50V CAPSULE—REPRODUCTION OF CLASSIC DUAL BACKPLATE (FOUR-WIRE TERMINATION) K87 CAPSULE
- NICKEL-PLATED BRASS BODY
- THREE POLAR PATTERNS: CARDIOID, FIGURE-OF-EIGHT, AND OMNIDIRECTIONAL
- -10DB PAD AND 80HZ HIGH PASS FILTER
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20HZ – 20KHZ
- SPL: .5% THD @ 125DB (WITHOUT PAD), 132DB
- DIAPHRAGM: 6-MICRON THICKNESS, GOLD-SPUTTERED MEMBRANE, NOS MYLAR (PET FILM)
- NOISE: -117DB
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: WOODEN STORAGE CASE, HARD MOUNT, AND SHOCK MOUNT. (OPTIONAL FLIGHT CASE AVAILABLE)
- WEIGHT (FULLY BOXED): 6.5 LBS / 3 KG
- COLOR: AVAILABLE IN NICKEL OR BLACK FINISH
We Also Recommend
LTD SN-1000FR S-Style HSS Electric Guitar w/ Seymour Duncan Hot Strat Single Coil Pickups/Pegasus Humbucker Pickup & Floyd Rose 1000SE - Black Blast