Jescar Nickel Silver Fretwire Acoustic Medium (37080-NS)
This premium JESCAR ACOUSTIC MEDIUM stainless steel fret wire is a perfect upgrade to your guitar! Stainless Steel is just about the hardest type of fretwire you can get, and people who use it say it gives a silkier, smoother feel when playing than does nickel-silver fret wire.
This wire set comes in 25 pcs of 7cm lengths, pre-radiused on a ~10" radius basis, which will help keep those ends down when you are installing it. The size of this wire is about as big as it gets, with the widest crown width and highest crown height - see the exact specs below. This wire will fit nicely into a .023" fret slot, which is pretty much the standard for most modern fret wires.
There is also an option to buy 2ft lengths. You will need 2 pcs of 2ft frets
It can be used on acoustic. Stainless Steel fret wire does take more attention to detail than standard nickel-silver fret wire, and is not necessarily the best choice for the first-time fretter. Best is to bring your guitar to a certified guitar tech (See list below)
Here are the technical specs on this fret wire (see the photo diagram for more info):
- Crown Height: .037" (.94 mm)
- Crown Width: .080" (2.03 mm)
- Tang Depth: 0.0195" (0.50 mm)
We recommend the following guitar techs for installation:
- Papi's Guitar Shop (76 scout fernandez st. QC)
- Micsis Guitar Spot (1718, 100-A Greenheights Ave, Parañaque 0998 987 0619)
- Guitar Harbor (1929 T. Mapua cor. Tayuman St., Sta. Cruz, Manila
0920 691 3045)
- Guitar Industries (Bulacan 0916 199 6448)
Et's Guitar Repairs1109 Diamond St., Goldenland Subd., Mabiga, Mabalacat, Pampanga09227176306
- Gandhi Site 1 - 5 Dahlia St., Deparo, Caloocan City 09565525565
If you're up to the challenge of refretting, the package includes a 2-page sheet of fretting "do's and don'ts" to help the first-time fretter get started.