Furch Guitars Vintage 2 D-SR All-Solid Wood Sitka Spruce/Indian Rosewood Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
Vintage 2 SR
Sitka Spruce / Indian Rosewood
- Acoustic guitar with a traditional design.
- High-quality AAA grade tonewoods.
- Proprietary design features and production technologies, including unique soundboard voicing, revolutionary Furch CNR System® neck joint and resonance enhancing Full-Pore Vintage Hand-Brushed Finish.
- Attractive vintage appearance featuring appointments made from herringbone, green abalone, mother-of-pearl, faux ivory and tortoise.
- Heavy-duty Hiscox hardshell case.
The Vintage 2 SR is protected by Vintage Hand-Brushed Finish, which is applied using the same technology and provides the benefits of UV coating as our proprietary Full-Pore High-Gloss Finish. Thanks to hand buffing, the guitar has a pleasing patina reminiscent of traditional instruments. Combined with other features, such as a green abalone rosette and faux ivory binding, the design of the Vintage 2 SR breathes the image of a fine aged instrument enhanced by state-of-the-art construction technologies. Like all other Vintage models, the guitar features a solid-wood construction that combines a Sitka spruce soundboard and Indian rosewood back and sides to produce a rich balanced sound.
Sound is the most important consideration for Furch guitars. Their excellent acoustic qualities are the result of state-of-the art technologies, proprietary production processes and precision craftsmanship combined with the use of the best available tonewoods. The Vintage 2 SR is no fluke. Hear its exceptional sound quality for yourself with Tonepedia’s app. You can compare its unique sound with other Furch models and also guitars from other manufacturers.
Unique voicing process
The premium nature of the Vintage 2 SR is underscored by the fact that the soundboard is individually tuned using the voicing process, which enhances the instrument’s tonal properties to the highest level. Thanks to that, the Vintage 2 SR has a crystalline clear, harmonically rich, balanced, and highly dynamic sound across the entire tonal spectrum.
Special hand-brushed finish
The instrument is protected by Full-Pore Vintage Hand-Brushed Finish, a special finish that provides excellent surface protection and accentuates the structure of the wood at the same time. Final hand buffing leaves the guitar with an attractive patina that is reminiscent of aged musical instruments.
Furch CNR System® Neck Design
A high precision, dual-action truss rod maintains neck stability and allows for fine adjustment of the neck relief, bilaterally. The truss rod is housed in a highly rigid carbon casing which enables a very smooth and controlled neck relief, ensuring the best playability and enduring optimal setup.
- A fully adjustable dual-action truss rod for highly precise adjustment of the neck bow in both the convex and concave directions.
- A highly rigid carbon casing that maintains the neck in the set position over a period much longer than is the case with standard neck joint designs and, at the same time, facilitates a gradual bow in the neck, a factor of essential importance for playability.
- A casting made of special alloy located inside the neck heel that ensures a stable position of the neck and its angle vis-à-vis the body.
Stylish vintage look
The traditional look of the Vintage 2 SR is underscored by herringbone purfling, double-ring rosette with abalone inlay, and body, headstock, and fingerboard binding made from faux ivory.
Excellent machine heads
The guitar has an excellent tuning stability courtesy of Gotoh SE700 Gold Patina machine heads with a 1:15 gear ratio.
The fingerboard of the Vintage 2 SR features our diamond style white pearl inlays.
High-rigidity Hiscox case
Maximum protection during transport is provided by a high-rigidity Hiscox case with polyurethane insulating foam that shields the instrument from changes in external climatic conditions.
|Available body shapes||D, Dc, OM, OMc, OOM, RS|
|Neck-to-body joint||14th fret (OOM 12th fret)|
|Solid top - grade||Sitka spruce - AAA|
|Solid back and sides - grade||Indian rosewood - AAA|
|Rosette||Abalone double ring with black and white line|
|Saddle||TUSQ fully compensated|
|Bridge string spacing||55 mm|
|Top finish||Full-Pore Vintage Hand-Brushed Finish|
|Back and sides finish||Full-Pore Vintage Hand-Brushed Finish|
|Pickguard||Faux tortoise with transparent pickguard extension towards soundhole|
|Nut width||45 mm|
|Available nut width||43 mm and 48 mm|
|Neck reinforcement||CNR System with dual-action adjustment|
|Neck profile||Furch Soft V|
|Scale length||650 mm|
|Fingerboard radius||400 mm|
|Fingerboard front inlay||Pearl quadratic inlays|
|Fingerboard side inlay||Black position dots|
|Fingerboard and headstock binding||Faux ivory|
|Neck material||African mahogany|
|Machine heads||Gotoh SE700 Gold Patina - gear ratio 1:15|
|Machine head buttons||Gold patina|
|Nut string spacing (45 mm)||38 mm|
|Nut string spacing (43 mm)||36,6 mm|
|Nut string spacing (48 mm)||40,1 mm|
|Strings||Elixir Ph-Br Nanoweb 12-53|
|Neck finish||Full-Pore Smooth-Slide Satin Finish with antibacterial additive|
|Headstock finish||Full-Pore Vintage Hand-Brushed Finish|
- LR Baggs EAS-VTC - soundhole-mounted
- LR Baggs Stagepro Element with tuner and equalizer - side-mounted
- LR Baggs Anthem - soundhole-mounted
- LR Baggs Stagepro Anthem with tuner and equalizer - side-mounted
We Also Recommend
Maestro Custom Series Raffles-IR CSB C Western Red Cedar/Indian Rosewood
Phoebus Buddie 01-E Solid Top All-Mahogany GS Mini Acoustic-Electric Bass w/ Gig Bag
Phoebus Buddie 01-SE Solid Top Spruce/Mahogany GS Mini Acoustic-Electric Bass w/ Gig Bag
Phoebus Buddie 30-N GS-E All-Mahogany GS Mini Acoustic-Electric Bass w/ Gig Bag