Cioks Flex Type 2 - Center Positive (Reverse Polarity) RCA to 2.1mm Plug DC Cable 50 cm (2050)
TYPE 2 – CENTRE POSITIVE 5,5/2,1MM PLUG
Type 2 Flex cables are red and fitted with a centre positive 5,5/2,1mm DC plug. This standard is less popular but also widely used in older or positive ground pedals as for example the ’69 Pedal, Soulbender or Octafuzz from Fulltone or Voodoo Lab’s Proctavia. Red Flex cable should also be used for Moogerfoogers, Radial Tonebones, Effectrode, some Diamond pedals, Blackstar for 22V DC or few Empress and Kingsley pedals. We offer this Flex cable type with angled (L-shaped) plug and a 10mm barrel with cable lengths 30 or 50cm. For pedals with recessed power sockets or other special needs we also offer this Flex cable type with a straight (I-shaped) plug or one with a longer 12mm barrel, both with 50cm cable length.
Here’s a list of pedals which we know need a centre positive polarity and therefore the red type 2 Flex cable:
- all Moogerfooger pedals *
- all Radial Tonebone pedals *
- all Radial active DI boxes, reampers, splitters, interface boxes that need 15V DC *
- Diamond Halo Chorus, Memory Lane 1 and 2, ST-MIX, Phase, Vibrato and Bass Comp
- new Blackstar for 22V DC
- Empres Effects Superdelay and Vintage Modified Superdelay
- version B of Jester, Juggler, Jouster and Constable from Kingsley
- Roger Linn Adrenalinn I and II
- all Effectrode pedals
- Morpheus Droptune
- plus others not listed here
Always check the manual or label on the pedal to get the polarity of the Flex cable right.
* With all Radial units and Moogerfooger pedals you can use the standard red type 2 Flex cable which is included with all CIOKS power supply models except the Adam. The included angled 10mm barrel plug might not give you the optimal connection to the pedal’s power input socket which are more or less recessed in these products. To power these we recommend to use the red Flex cable in a version with a sraight plug or the one with longer 12mm barrel. These two versions of the red type 2 Flex cable are not included with any of our power supplies and should be ordered separately.
2030 CIOKS Flex 2 – 30cm (12″) with 5,5/2,1mm centre positive angled DC plug (red)
2050 CIOKS Flex 2 – 50cm (20″) with 5,5/2,1mm centre positive angled DC plug (red)
2050-I CIOKS Flex 2 – 50cm (20″) with 5,5/2,1mm centre positive straight DC plug (red)
2050-LN CIOKS Flex 2 – 50cm (20″) with 5,5/2,1mm centre positive angled 12mm barrel DC plug
CIOKS Flex Cables - Confused? This could help you!
This video is not about the standard Flex cables which only have one plug in each end – one connected to the power supply and the other to a pedal but rather the special ones in the Special Flex cables section. You can skip the first while and jump directly to 1:30 where the information begins.