Bareknuckle PG Blues Humbucker Pickup Set - Aged Nickel 2-conductor Long Leg
PG BLUES HUMBUCKER
OUR PG BLUES HUMBUCKER IS DESIGNED TO REPLICATE THE TONES OF PETER GREEN'S FAMOUS '59 LES PAUL (HENCE THE NAME!) COMPLETE WITH THE LEGENDARY OUT OF PHASE" TONE ACHIEVED WHEN BOTH PICKUPS ARE ON.
The PG Blues humbucker set features Alnico II sand cast magnets, scatterwound bridge coils of 42AWG plain enamel wire and uniquely wound Heavy Formvar neck coils for the famous out of phase" mid-position, when both humbuckers are on together. Vintage-correct solid nickel silver baseplates and covers, along with totally unpotted coils, all add to the vowel-like vocal delivery, bright yet sweet highs, warm bass and trademark out of phase" tone.
Individually, the bridge humbucker is pure '59 PAF in tone with all the touch sensitive response you would expect from unpotted coils. The PG Blues neck humbucker, although wound out of phase with the bridge, retains a wonderful pure and fat tone of its own both, clean and with overdrive.
From haunting ambient lead lines and delicate chording to all-out blues rock, the PG Blues humbuckers are for players looking for authentic vintage tone with a unique edge.
Available in all our open coil and covered custom finishes.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR THIS STOCK
- Calibrated Humbucker Pickup Set
- Aged Nickel Covers
- Aged Nickel Screw Pole Pieces
- 2-conductor Braided
- Long leg for vintage spec guitar like Les Paul with deep pickup leg cavity
- Blues, Jazz, Country, Funk, Reggae, Britpop and Classic Rock.
The bridge and neck humbuckers in this set are wound permanently out of phase with each other and are suitable for all solid-body, semi-acoustic and hollow-body guitars; any guitar that would benefit from a warmer, brighter vintage voice; players who specifically want that famous out of phase in-between tone.
- Position: Bridge
- DC Resistance: 7.9 kΩ
- Magnet: Alnico 2
- Position: Neck
- DC Resistance: 7.4 kΩ
- Magnet: Alnico 2
PG BLUESHUMBUCKER OPTIONS
- Unpotted or potted
- Available in 6, 7, 8 String.
- Individual bridge, neck or calibrated bridge & neck set.
- Standard or wide space bridge.
- Vintage long leg (1/2") or modern short leg (1/4").
- Braided 2 conductor or 4 conductor hookup.
- Bobbin colours: Available in all our custom open humbucker colours
- Covers: Available in all of our custom covered finishes.
We Also Recommend
Bareknuckle Mule Humbucker Calibrated Pickup Set - 2 Conductor Unpotted