DC Power Supply like Vitoos PWA-15, 1-Spot or Godlyke Adapter, Boss PSA PSU or any Power Supply.
The ISO4, ISO4S, ISO4SE will turn your power source to 4 isolated sections at max 800mA. We have tested it to work with 3 strymons and a couple of analog pedals, as well as Eventide H9s and Zoom MS70s. One of the key feature of the ISO4 isolater is the slim design. It can fit beneath a Pedaltrain nano/nano+ or Pedal Grill GG-1/GG-2. Please note that this is not a power supply. You need a separate power supply to make this work.
What's the difference between the different ISO4s?
- ISO4 - Power Isolator with 4 isolated outputs, 9V input/output
- ISO4S - Power Isolator with 4 isolated outputs, 9-18V input/ 9v output
- ISO4SE - Power Isolator with 4 isolated outputs, 5-18V input (read: can accommodate 5V USB power using Vitoos USB-DC cable), 9V Output
- ISO4PLUS - POWER SUPPLY with 8 9v isolated outputs
The ISO4S is a power isolator with 4 isolated outputs and can be powered by any 9-18v center negative power supplies. The output will be a constant 9v DC.
Isolated is like having a separate power adapter for each of the 4 outputs. The Vitoos Isolated power supplies / isolator box achieves true circuit isolation through mini transformers in each of the outputs. You can test that each section's ground are isolated.
You need this if you are running mixed analog and digital effects and experience noise in that setup. Note that noise can also be caused by bad AC power or low quality cables or defective pedal. So make sure you know your noise issue before getting one. If you run a simple setup with analog pedals, non-isolated PSUs like Vitoos PWA-15, One Spot, Godlyke, DC Brick, Vitoos PS1 and the likes with daisy chain will be enough.
Guitar Pusher backs it up with 1 year personal warranty. This is a great alternative to some Voodoo Labs or Cioks PSU that are expensive. It comes with 8 power cables and 1 power doubler cable.
Which one should you choose?
DC8, ISO8 or ISO4PLUS? It depends. ISO4S is smaller in form and can fit beneath nano and mini boards. However, it comes with a voltage doubler cable that can be plugged to its two isolated 9v output to supply 18v.
The advantage of the DC8, despite it having only 3 isolated sections is that the A and B output have 1000mA each vs the 500mA that the ISO8 has and ISO4S can supply. Note that 500mA should be sufficient for most pedals, even Strymons. However, if 500mA is not enough for some pedals that you have, DC8 might be what you need.
Here is a comprehensive chart to help you choose the right product
- Dimensions: 9 x 8 x 2.5 cm. This will fit under most pedalboards.
- Input: 9-18V DC (no current limitation). Can be powered by 1-spot, Zoom, Boss or other power supplies like DC brick, Vitoos PS1, etc. Can also be powered by 9.6V, 12V, up to 18V power adapters.
- Output: 4 ISOLATED 9V DC center negative @ ~800mA max combined.
- Highly filtered and Isolated circuit
- Noise and Hum-free
- Note: Insufficient current may cause noise so make sure you use sufficient power supply to connect the ISO4S and check the current rating of your pedals. 800mA is more than enough for most pedals including strymons and a some analog pedals.
- Package Includes:
- 4 power connector cables
- 1 voltage doubler cable for 18v.
- 1 daisy chain for up to 2 pedals
- Packaging dimensions (for shipping): 14.5 x 17.5 x 5 cm