Free The Tone ARC-53M Audio Routing Controller
Inheriting versatility, high sonic quality, and high durability from the FREE THE TONE ARC-3, the downsized version, ARC-53M is now available! Without any compromises, the basic features such as the HTS (Holistic Tonal Solution) Circuit driven by internal ±15VDC, and control of MIDI devices, are packed into a smaller housing.
Try FREE THE TONE new Audio Routing Controller ARC-53M, designed to make professional quality sound more accessible!
- FREE THE TONE HTS (Holistic Tonal Solution) circuit installed.
- Silent-click custom footswitches are adopted. These switches respond quickly to follow fast operation.
- The distance between the footswitches is 70 mm. By changing switch mount angles of the first and second rows, superb playability is obtained on this compact body.
- A special panel is provided for changing settings or selecting presets. Operability is drastically improved by reducing the levels of edit menus as much as possible. This greatly reduces the amount of time spent editing.
- Edit functions (copy, delete) for presets and banks are provided.
- By switching Display modes, the MIDI program change numbers for each channel that is currently being sent can be checked at a glance.
- The LED for each footswitch is covered by a lens to prevent sweat or other moisture from entering directly into the internal circuits. Also, a felt sheet is attached to the back of the display unit for further protection.
- High-strength molded plastic phone jacks are used to ensure safe and long term use.
- Number of MIDI Program Change Number Parallel Sends: 4 (MIDI Send Channels: CH1-CH4 fixed)
- Number of MIDI Control Change Number Parallel Sends: 4
The newly developed FREE THE TONE Holistic Tonal Solution (HTS) Circuit brings a brand new concept to effect pedals.
The HTS Circuit mainly handles the interface section of an effects unit (input and output). This circuit solves not only the problem with a True-Bypass circuit and weak points in a combination of a general buffer circuit and an electronic switch, but also totally and effectively manages the relationship between devices connected before and after the effects unit and the operation of the effects circuit implemented in the HTS Circuit.
The compatibility of pedals when they are connected together will be influenced by the signal level and the characteristics of the input and output impedance. Signal characteristics may change each time you switch effects units on some combinations of effects units using a true-bypass circuit. These changes in signal characteristics will have a drastic influence on the sound quality and/or sound image. You may have felt a fundamental difference in sound quality or a feeling that something just isn't right in the past. This is a major problem of effects units that is relatively unknown.
The HTS Circuit consists of three separate circuits: Input Circuit, Noiseless Effect On/Off Circuit, and Output Driver Circuit.
The Input Circuit receives the signal properly according to the conditions of the signal source, eliminates noise from unnecessary frequency bands and then sends the pure guitar signal to the effect circuit. The FREE THE TONE effects units have a very low signal-to-noise ratio thanks to the HTS Circuit.
The processed signal is sent to the Noiseless Effect On/Off Circuit. This circuit transfers the guitar sound faithfully without any feeling of dullness or distortion that is often unique to electronic switching circuits, because no switching element, such as an FET, is used.
The processed or bypassed sound signal, selected by the Noiseless Effect On/Off Circuit, is sent to the Output Driver Circuit and then to any other equipment connected after the effector in the signal chain. Regardless of whether the effects unit is on or off, the signal output impedance remains fixed so that a stable signal is provided all the time. And when the effects unit is turned off, the HTS Circuit outputs a signal that remains true to the original natural guitar sound.
The effected sound and bypassed sound managed by the HTS Circuit will always have the same sound quality, which solves a problem that has plagued players for years.
- Number of loops: 5 (series loop: 4, separate loop: 1)
- Number of presets: 200 (20 banks 10 presets)
- Control terminals: 3 (latch/momentary switchable)
- Input impedance: 1M½ (HTS-IN)
- Output impedance: max. 200½ (OUT)
- Power supply: 12-VDC AC adapter
- Current consumption: approx. 400 mA (max.)
- Dimensions: 330W 92.5D 60.5H mm (incl. protuberances such as footswitches, jacks, etc.)
- Weight: approx. 1.1 kg (excl. accessories)
- Accessories: warranty card, manual, AC adapter (FA-1220D-JA/UK/EU), 4 rubber feet
We Also Recommend
M-AUDIO Oxygen 49 (MKV) USB MIDI Controller Keyboard w/ Smart Controls & Auto-Mapping
M-AUDIO Oxygen 61 (MKV) USB MIDI Controller Keyboard w/ Smart Controls & Auto-Mapping
Hotone LS-10 Patch Kommander 4-Channel Programmable Effects Loop Switcher